THR Guitar Sound
Developed by a team of guitarists in search of the ultimate tone, THR delivers the sound that you want and the feeling that you need. Effects that enhance and complement your playing combine with room-filling reverbs and delays to push your playing to new levels. And thanks to THR's unique design and focus, stadium-filling volume isn't a pre-requisite - everything about this amp is designed to fit the way you play, right down to the need to keep it quiet sometimes. With tone and feel like this, you'll appreciate the ability to keep playing all night…
- Clean : Rich clean tones from a 6L6 power section with early breakup for incredible jazz, blues and country sounds.
- Crunch : Low-powered EL84 class-A tube output with bright, clear, dynamic power amp distortion characteristics.
- Lead : Low-gain preamp section and EL34 power section for rich, controllable distortion with great midrange definition.
- Brit Hi : EL34s keep the classic British clarity while a higher gain preamp allows you to push the amp into serious distortion.
- Modern : Ultra high-gain input section combined with 6L6 output section delivers smooth, powerful distortion.
- Bass : High-power all-tube design for dynamic, driving bass tone.
- Aco : Electric-acoustic optimized input with mic simulations for natural, clear tone.
- Flat : Flat response clean input for line sources, tone and effect controls allow shaping of non-guitar sources.
- Deluxe : Twin 6L6 output stage and low gain preamp for clean tube warmth with late-breakup.
- ClassA : 4xEL84s in a true Class-A configuration with interactive EQ for rich, complex harmonic tones and warm overdrive.
- US Blues : Low-power, low-gain twin EL84 design for clarity and definition.
- Brit Blues : KT88 powered for easy breakup and midrange rich overdrive.
- MINI : 12AX7, single EL84 – a no-frills tone monster that responds incredibly to picking dynamics.
- Bass/Aco/Flat : These are the same as on the THR10. Refer to the entries above.
- Power I : "Crunch Ch" European 6L6 and 12AX7 tone for powerful, crunch tones with loads of presence.
- Power II : "Lead Ch" European 6L6 and 12AX7 tone with increased bass and gain for thick, smooth leads.
- Brown I : "Crunch Ch" US 6L6 and 12AX7 tone gives clear, clean overdrive with late breakup and great control.
- Brown II : "Lead Ch" US 6L6 and 12AX7 tone gives clear, clean overdrive with late breakup and great control.
- Southern Hi : 6550 output tubes and 12AX7-driven preamp with ultra-tight, fast tracking for crushing high-gain.
- Clean : Classic American clean tube amp – low gain preamp, 6L6 power section and 12-inch speaker with clear, late breakup.
- Bass/Flat : These are the same as on the THR10. Refer to the entries above.
THR5A : Natural Acoustic Tone
- Condenser : Electro-acoustic optimized input with mic simulations for natural, clear tone.
- Dynamic : The dynamic microphone setting gives the acoustic guitar a tight tonal core.
- Tube : Electric-acoustic optimized input with mic simulations for natural, clear tone.
- Nylon : Perfect for use with an acousticelectric classical or nylon string guitar.
- EG CLN : Classic American clean tube amp – low gain preamp, 6L6 power section and 12-inch speaker with clear, late breakup.