Yamaha Canada Music Job Opportunities
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK FOR YAMAHA CANADA?
Our Toronto (Scarborough) office is a quiet and friendly place to work. We have a spacious lunchroom with an adjoining Japanese courtyard. There are ample meeting rooms, a training facility, and a music performance space. There are numerous employee events throughout the year including opportunities to interact with other departments, Canadian employees from outside Ontario and senior management. We provide employee discounts on Yamaha gear. Yamaha offers a comprehensive, competitive compensation package including generous health and pension benefits. Yamaha Canada Music Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, disability, religion, gender, gender expression or national origin. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the company’s hiring process. If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please kindly let us know when submitting your application.
WHO ARE WE?
Yamaha Canada Music Ltd. (YC) is the leading brand in music performance, music education, and development of the musical products market in Canada. Established in 1969, YC has established our presence and market share with high-quality products in conjunction with our high-quality people and programs that have earned us the status as a trusted partner in music and education. We are Yamaha Canada, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation. After 50 years, we continue to drive demand for Yamaha musical instrument and home cinema products in Canada. Our team enjoys the privilege of providing emotional products and services that define and enhance people's lifestyles.
Bilingual DMI Product Specialist & Merchandiser
Reports to: Director Sales & Marketing
Posted: March 2020
Department: CMP Department
To provide Yamaha dealers, end-users and staff with detailed product knowledge and technical support for digital musical instruments such as keyboards and electronic drums. To provide after-sales support via email, telephone or customer support portal, and to participate in product training-demonstrations in the field. Assisting Product Marketing Managers in the execution of training materials and the distribution and placement of in-store POP materials. To help gather and communicate competitive intelligence.
- Provide technical support on DMI products for dealers and consumer inquiries that come in via telephone, email or Yamaha’s customer support portal.
- Assist with pre and post-sale questions on all digital keyboard and electronic drum products.
- Pre-Service select intermediate & professional instruments prior to delivery to dealers
- Support sales team with any new technological features or updates on Yamaha DMI products, so they are informed and up to date on what is current.
- Work with the Product Marketing Managers to developing training assets and provide in-the-field-training with product demonstrations covering points including but not limited to:
- Conduct in-store training for dealer’s staff on Brass & Woodwind product including training on product-specific information, effective product display, maintaining store stock and setting-up and checking instruments out of the box
- Features, benefits, and key selling points of the product;
- Competitive comparisons;
- Demonstrating and explaining associated apps and computer integration;
- Installation of firmware updates;
- Troubleshooting common issues;
- Participate in a variety of promotional activities by providing product knowledge and demonstrations for dealers and end-users (i.e. in-store demos and dealer events, festivals, trade shows, etc.)
- Manage the distribution of related in-store POP and staff mailers, and fulfill various consumer promotions as directed by Product Marketing Managers.
- Manage and upload product content including product descriptions, specifications, and images to Yamaha’s dealer portal website.
- Act as a brand ambassador and maintain the corporate image with Yamaha business affiliates and customers, recognizing the company’s vision and profile are directly linked to the behavior and demeanor of the employee.
Apply with a cover letter and resume APPLY NOW