Yamaha Canada Music Job Opportunities
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK FOR YAMAHA CANADA?
Our Toronto (Scarborough) office is a quiet and friendly place to work. We have a spacious lunchroom with an adjoining Japanese courtyard. There are ample meeting rooms, a training facility, and a music performance space. There are numerous employee events throughout the year including opportunities to interact with other departments, Canadian employees from outside Ontario, and senior management. We provide employee discounts on Yamaha gear. Yamaha offers a comprehensive, competitive compensation package including generous health and pension benefits. Yamaha Canada Music Ltd. is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, disability, religion, gender, gender expression, or national origin. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the company’s hiring process. If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please kindly let us know when submitting your application.
WHO ARE WE?
Yamaha Canada Music Ltd. (YC) is the leading brand in music performance, music education, and the development of the musical product market in Canada. Established in 1969, YC has established our presence and market share with high-quality products in conjunction with our high-quality people and programs that have earned us the status as a trusted partner in music and education. We are Yamaha Canada, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation. After 50 years, we continue to drive demand for Yamaha musical instruments and home cinema products in Canada. Our team enjoys the privilege of providing emotional products and services that define and enhance people's lifestyles.
Assistant Manager, Toronto DC
Reports to: National Manager, Distribution Centre
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Number of available positions: 1
Posted: December 6, 2023
The Assistant Manager, Toronto DC, is responsible for working with the National Distribution Manager to oversee and coordinate all operations of the Toronto Distribution Center to ensure all incoming and outgoing inventory is processed according to schedule.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Manager, Toronto DC include but are not limited to:
- The Assistant manager will spend approximately 40 % of the day on the floor assisting in all areas that require help to ensure a smooth flow of goods both inbound and outbound.
- Assist with the preparation for the transition from SAP r/3 platform to SAP s/4 Hana platform.
- Work with the Manager, on the evaluation and implementation of Modern Warehousing/ Distribution automation.
- Work closely with Joint Health and Safety Committee in proactively fine-tuning and improving Warehousing practices to ensure safe working conditions. Assist in post-assessment and investigation of both work-related incidents and “near miss” incidents to prevent or minimize potential safety hazards that could result in injury and/ or property damage.
- Work with the Senior Warehouse Coordinator to ensure all SAP entries related to Post Goods Invoices (PGI) and Post Goods Receipts (PGRs) are current and up to date especially during month and quarter end.
- Participate in the annual performance process by providing input to National Distribution Manager for all Toronto DC employees including the DC office staff.
- Coordinate with Logistics Planning on Inventory Control issues as well as product damages (piano shipments) related to Simard 3PL. When required, enlist Vancouver DC & Simard staff support to reconcile discrepancies.
- Work with Customer Service and Marketing Departments to resolve customer mis-shipments.
- Investigate OSD shipment discrepancies (Overages, Shortages and Damages) through shipment audit trail.
- Develop procedures as well as document “can’t find” sku as part of pre and post Annual Physical Inventory workflow. Reconcile any inventory-related issue through deeper research and investigation.
- Work with the Transportation Department and carriers to investigate receiving discrepancy issues.
- Plan inbound shipments by working with the Transportation Department to identify and prioritize incoming shipments arriving at the Port of Vancouver as well as direct shipments from other subsidiaries and OEM suppliers.
- Work closely with Braymore 3PL to ensure all Delivery Notes are transmitted in a timely and organized manner to ensure Piano Dealer shipments are posted accurately and promptly invoiced. Periodically visit Braymore to monitor and verify inventory levels as well as to discuss QA incidents requiring corrective action from Braymore.
- Monitor Daily Receiving Activities by ensuring inbound deliveries are safely unloaded, quantities verified (carton and piece count on BOL/ packing slip) and damages are identified and set aside.
- Ensure all boxing requests are current and up to date. Work closely with Logistics Planning Department to ensure boxing requests are proactively scheduled and completed on time.
- Ensure all transfers between Vancouver DC- Toronto DC and Service DC- Toronto DC are effectively tracked and entered in SAP.
- Strive for product put-away from receiving into bin or floor location and update in SAP within 24 hours of receipt.
- Coordinate non-standard orders and requests (Trade show stock / Exports/ Demo orders).
- Utilize Daily Huddles to coach Toronto DC staff on OS&D discrepancies reported by CS and Marketing Depts.
- Assist in coordinating Annual Physical Inventory (PI) count; perform PI data entry and assist Manager with reconciliation of Physical Inventory counts. Work alongside the Manager, to create a periodic inventory cycle count schedule.
- Work closely with Management to identify trends and develop training programs to improve safety, productivity and efficiency with the warehouse associates.
- Work with the Manager, to develop work schedules, assign tasks, etc. to meet deadlines.
- Work with the Manager to update SOP for warehouse operations.
- Act as back-up to National Distribution Manager on Facilities related matters in Toronto, Vancouver and Corporate Music School sites in Markham.
- Back-up the National Distribution Manager during vacation or travel to Vancouver by assuming operational responsibilities for the operation of the Toronto DC.
To be successful in this role the incumbent will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience is required.
- 5+ years of progressive experience within a distribution center setting is an asset.
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role leading the production floor is required.
- Working knowledge of functions and/or routine associated with warehouse operations to ensure all operations are carried out per the Company policies.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail are desired.
- Possesses tact, maturity, and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work setting.
- Certified lift truck operator and/or licensed forklift operator experience is a must-have.
- Must be able to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of SAP (SAP r/3) particularly with the Sales Distribution and Inventory Management modules is highly desired.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) is required.
- Working knowledge of the OHSA as it relates to the safe operation of the DC is required.
- Working knowledge of Safe Warehousing Principles and Practices – such as Licensing warehouse staff tasked with operating powered equipment, enforcing proper battery charging procedures, scheduling eye wash drills and maintenance, ensuring all egress points are obstacle-free in the event of a fire, enforcing transport carrier drivers to utilize wheel chocks while parked or stationary at our docks.
If you would like to work with an industry leader and are passionate about Customer Service, we want to hear from you!
Yamaha Canada Music Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, disability, religion, gender, gender expression or national origin.
We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the company’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process, please kindly let us know when submitting your application.
We would like to thank all applicants however only those under sincere consideration will be contacted.
Please apply with a resume.