- Stunning high-grade fl amed maple is matched with exclusive see-thru colours for an unmistakable boutique look
- The tinted, gloss-fi nished neck gives a unique and irresistibly vintage look and feel
- Precision, pro-spec Grover locking machineheads lock strings automatically for stable tuning and ultra-fast string changes
- The standard-equipment coil tap function allows simple switching from humbucker to single-coil tones from the Seymour Duncan Custom 5 bridge pickup
- TUSQ XL is precision engineered to couple the strings vibrations to the neck and bring out hidden harmonics and richness in every note. 500 times more slippery than graphite, the Tefl on-impregnated material eliminates string-binging and ensures tuning stability, even with massive string bends.
- Colour-matched to the body, the fl amed maple headstock is inspired by the legendary Pacifica USA models
- Tefl on-impregnated saddles dramatically reduce string breakage while minimizing the dominant 2KHz tonal spike of metal saddles. Combining these saddles with Yamaha's original steel bridgeplate give the perfect combination of quick response and strong sustain.
- Like a higher-output version of the classic '59 humbucker, the Custom 5 was developed in response to players customizing their SH-5 Custom or SH-11 Custom pickups with Alnico 5 magnets for a more vintage, less distorted tone but retaining a deeper bottom end than the stock '59.
- Wound with plain enamel wire on a 1950's Leesona winding machine, the SP90-1's tone is a faithful reproduction of the original soapbar pickups. Short, wide bobbins give a higher output and more powerful midrange than conventional single-coils for a fat neck pickup tone with clarity impossible to achieve with humbucking pickups.